INGREDIENTS & TOOLS
- Fresh Thrill coffee
- Coffee filter
- Filtered, mineralized water
- Gooseneck Kettle
- Coffee scale (recommended)
- Grinder (recommended)
- Dose: 31g coffee
- Water: 600g
- Grind setting: medium
- Water temperature: 96C
1. Add 600g of water to your kettle and bring the temperature to 96C or wait about a minute off boil.
2. Weigh out 31g of coffee beans and grind them at a medium setting.
3. Place your filter in your dripper and rinse with 100g of hot water to preheat your dripper and server. Discard the water.
4. Add your coffee to the Chemex and shake gently to level out the grounds.
5. Pour 80g of water quickly to saturate grounds.
6. After 45 seconds, slowly pour 220g of water in the center of the dripper; allow the water to draw down fully.
7. At 1:30, pour the remaining 200g of water gently in a circular motion; allow coffee to draw down. The total brew time should be between 3:15 and 3:45.
8. Carefully remove the filter and swirl the coffee in the Chemex.
9. Allow it to cool, serve and enjoy!